Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Malena and her ABC's

I've been impressed with Jacob for quite some time. He has known his ABC's for months now. Soon Joshua, also knew them, and they've both been driving me crazy with the ABC song every five minutes. So, I broke down and got them an ABC video game for Christmas. Of course, they were bored with it in five minutes and went on to other games. Well, I thought I'd introduce it to Malena, just for fun. This game lists several letters, and tells you to select the correct letter. Well, right off the bat, Malena chose the correct letter. Wow, good guess. Then she consecutively chose the correct letter for about five to eight times! Me and my sister, Alicia, cheering each time. Finally, she became bored with it, and stopped paying attention and just started playing around. So I thought this must be some weird fluke. So, I tried again the next day, with letter cards. Of course, the boys saw I was playing alone with Malena, and they couldn't let that happen. So Malena's first three tries at selecting the correct letter, she was correct. Then the boys started selecting, then then cards were everywhere, then Malena stopped selecting the correct letters and it was a big throw the cards game. Could it be that she really can identify her letters, or has this just been a big, lucky guessing game? Is Mommy out of her mind? Hmmmm..... The mystery continues...

No comments: