Wednesday, December 20, 2006

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

Well the kids birthday ended up also being their last day of school. I can't believe it, but I actually made it through without crying. Although I did get a little choked up at the goodbye song at closing circle. Malena did have a bit of senioritis and decided to throw herself on the ground and throw a fit halfway through the day, so maybe dealing with that helped me keep my emotions under control.

At the end of the day, right before closing circle, the boys were brought from the sibling room, and all three were sung happy birthday. Towards the end of the song, Malena decided she had heard enough singing (in her honor) and walked around her teacher to get the gift behind her. Then she pushed it to the front, where she decided to open it. I guess she had seen the end to this song and wanted to rush things up a bit. All three received their "graduation" backpacks and were all soooo happy. Each had a tag that said "I am a proud graduate of ICEC."

Thank you ICEC family. You have helped to bring my babies sooooo far in the past year and a half and have benefited not only them, but me as well. We will never have such a wonderful group of people who believe in my kids and me as much as you have! We are going to miss all of you!


No comments: