Monday, January 08, 2007

SCHOOL DAYS
Today was the first day of pre-school! Yeahhhh! So bittersweet. I am so happy they are growing up, but they are growing up! My babies!

Jacob and Joshua have been waiting for this day for a long time. They were so excited! They will all be going to their own school due to different needs. Malena and Joshua will each be going to schools in the school district. Malena will be going to the "4 day Rocket", and Joshua will be going to the "2 day Rocket" program. Malena will be going Monday through Thursday, and Joshua will be going Monday and Wednesday. Jacob is doing so well, and his sensory issues are not considered, so he was not elligible for the Rocket program. So he is attending a private pre-school on Monday and Wednesday.

Malena was the first one dropped off. I'm not sure she knew what was going on, but you wouldn't know it. She walked right in, put her backpack right in a cubby hole, and was off playing, without even looking back to tell Mommy bye. Sniff. Okay, that hurt my feelings a little bit, but I was so happy to see what a great job she did.



Jacob was next off, and he COULD NOT WAIT to get in to school. He was so excited when the teacher put his name on his own Cubby. When I walked him out to the playground, he turned to me and said, "Bye Mom, " as if he was thinking, "Okay, now you go Mom. Don't embarass me."..... more hurt feelings, but happy.


As I got back to the car with Joshua and Daddy, Joshua started getting upset, saying he wanted to stay at that school. Uh oh. Is he going to be my difficult one, I thought as we drove off to his school. As soon as he saw his very own school, he couldn't be happier. He happily met his teacher, and they were off. He does seem to need a little more direction than Jake, but he did great.

Josh was the last dropped off, but the first picked up. The teacher said he did great! He was so excited to show Mommy and Daddy his new fireman's hat he made, and tell us all about his day!

Next, we picked up Malena. Since the pickup times between the two is only 3 minutes, we were a few minutes late, so she was standing out front with the teacher. Her teacher, Mrs. Hamlet, said she had "one of the best first days I've ever seen." She was very attentive, and participated in circle time, and attempted every word they prompted. She was also attempting all the signs! Good girl! I'm so proud of you! Of course, as soon as she saw me, she said, "Ma!" and gave me a hug, then ran for the car. So I guess she had a good time, but was ready to go home!

Jake was last picked up (even though his school is closer to Joshua's). When I walked in, all the other little kids were asleep in their cots, but Jacob was on the floor reading books. He was so happy to see me, and ran right for me. His teacher said he did sooo great and was extremely friendly, and soo smart! I told her, he's quite a talker, and she said that even though he was new to the class, he was the only student who would answer all the questions. Every time she asked a question, she would just look at him to answer! :) Gosh, he's so much like Alex.

One by one, my three little ones ventured out of the nest on their own, and one by one, they all returned safely... So, I guess we all survived (especially Mommy :) ). In fact, it looks like they all did amazingly well, and I think it has so much to do with their previous school ICEC. I hope this all continues...

No comments: