Thursday, January 25, 2007

WILL IT EVER END?!

Well, we are all finally getting over our strep, and Malena's horrible rash is starting to go away, and Daddy is due home tomorrow. Yeah! But no, wait. We need more drama, drama, drama.... so last night Jacob started screaming from the other room where he and Joshua were "playing". This scream sounded more than a "Mommy, he hit me scream." I could tell he meant it. I ran over and he was barely able to tell me he hurt his finger through the cries. I look at his finger and it is pink.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So I give him some Tylenol and cover it with an ice bag (frozen veggies), and calm down. He is so calmed down by bedtime (only 30 minutes later) I think the problems done with. But then I notice he won't let anyone touch it and he doesn't want to move it. I decided to wait the night to see how it looks. Mistake. He slept well (in my bed) until about elleven, then he would scream every time he moved, about every hour or so. So neither of us got any sleep. First thing in the morning, my sister watches the other two (thank you Julie! and Mom for watching them the day before so I could go to the doctor's for my strep) and we head to the ER. Well, turns out he DID BREAK IT! I was so shocked. He was such the little charmer. I didn't think I would get so much attention with just one kid. I'm used to it with all three there. Triplets gather so much attention, but even the tech had her friend come to meet the cute little boy! What a flirt!

So now he's all splinted up. He calls it his BIG bandaid, and he loves it. Did this make him any calmer? Did this make him careful and to play nicely? Heck no! The boys were at it all night long. We will be going into see the "advanced orthopedic" on Monday, and I'm thinking he may need a cast if it's going to make it through as long as he needs to have it on and not "get it dirty or wet" HA!

Alex is home tomorrow, so now I'm crossing my fingers they don't try to shove anymore drama into this week!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I really hope he just needs a cast and nothing more serious. HUGS