Saturday, March 03, 2007

MALENA JUMPS!

Remember on the post below that we began dance class last week? Well, this week in dance class, the teacher was trying to get the kids to go toes, then heel. Toes-heel, toes-heel. Malena was trying so hard to do it. In fact, I think she thought she was, but she was just bending her knees. So, I stepped in and put her on her little toes, then back onto her heels. Then she started to do it. Toes-heel, toes-heel. She got so excited, she started doing it faster, and faster, and before you know it- SHE JUMPED! Those with Down syndrome kids know what a milestone this is! I was so excited, I yelled out, "She jumped!" The other mothers looked at me like, "uh, yeah, and.." It was just a little jump, but she actually got air. I was so excited I almost started crying. This week, her wandering was giving the teacher a bit of a run for her money, but I know I made the right decision in putting her into dance now, and she is there to stay!

No comments: