Sunday, March 25, 2007

SCHOOL SAGA Continued...

Jacob is still having trouble with school. He will cry any time we mention him going to school and when we drop him off. The only reason he's not still screaming his lungs out when I drop him off, is because I tell him I will tell the teacher he won't have to go out to the playground. He has found a small computer-like toy that he sits on a chair with right at the door, so the teachers can keep an eye on him during playground time.

Tonight, he even made me call the teacher to tell her that he does not want to go out on the playground tomorrow. (Of course I pretended only, as it is 8 at night). I've spoken with the school, and they continue to feel it is just an attatchment issue. I disagree. I know he is going through something, and I know it has to do with the playground. I have a feeling he is either being bullied, or he mistakenly got hurt by another child (ALL 50 something kids are out on the playground at this time, ranging to 1 year old to 5 years old). Now when we go to the gym and I drop him off at the daycare there, which he used to love, he first looks for "bigger kids" before he enters and gets happy when there aren't any. He also used to be such an outgoing little boy, and now he is VERY shy. I miss my confident, little, outgoing boy. :(

Well, Joshua is off track starting the end of this week, and I've decided to pull Jacob at that time as well. I'm going to potty train them "cold turkey", and then by the time Joshua goes back in May, hopefully, Jacob will be potty trained and ready for a new school. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Poor little man!!
I hope you can figure it out soon.
HUGS,
Kim

Wendi said...

It just breaks my heart reading this!