Tuesday, February 20, 2007

PROBLEM PRESCHOOL FOR JACOB


Jacob started pre-school off with a bang! He was so excited to have his very own school, and so happy to go every day. The first day, he could hardly wait to go inside. Well, he is now he opposite of that. He cries for days before he knows he will be going to school, and cries for an hour after I drop him off. He's turned from a very social, outgoing little boy, to very shy and withdrawn, not wanting to go anywhere, and not even wanting to go outside to play. It is so heartbreaking. I've asked him what is wrong, and I've gotten (by asking over and over) a couple things out of him. One is that another little friend hurt another little friend. Another one is that he doesn't like "the room with toys." and he wants to go to the other room with books and learning (he is currently in the 2 1/2 yr room, due to he is not yet potty trained), and also, he says he wants to be in with Miss Julie. His teacher is Miss Robin. Miss Julie does not have a class. I believe she is the director, but she did sub for Miss Robin once (actually, his first day). He also cries that he wants Joshua to stay with him. I'm not sure what's going on with him, but it's breaking my heart. I plan on talking with Miss Julie to try to get this sraightened out, and, perhaps, at least, get him in the 3 year old room. Perhaps, that would help.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Poor little Jacob. I hope that he starts to enjoy school again soon.
He is so sweet, give him a big hug for me!!!