Tuesday, February 20, 2007

JOSHUA POINDEXTER


Well, today was the day. We took Joshua to get his glasses. Doesn't he look handsome? I admit, I almost cried when they told me he needed glasses, even though I was forewarned six months ago. And even though I figured all my kids would need glasses at some point, because I am practically blind. I just didn't think it would be so young. :( But here he is, three years old, needing glasses. Fortunately, it's a very mild prescription for farsightedness and asitgmatism.

He was very excited to get them, and so far we have been very lucky, in that he actually LIKES wearing them, and hasn't really tried to take them off. Before the woman at the store put them on, she told Joshua the rules, that only Mommy and Daddy can take off his glasses. He seems to be abiding to those rules. Keep your fingers crossed, that all continues.



Jacob was a very good boy, waiting for Joshua to try on his new glasses while he played with the toys at the store. Malena was at school, but when she saw Joshua's glasses she pointed to them right away. Later, when Malena tried to grab Joshua's glasses, Jacob told her, "No Malena. Only Mommy and Daddy can take off Joshua's glasses." Oh boy! At least we know he was listening.

2 comments:

Kim said...

He is absolutely adorable in his new glasses. I am glad he is not messing with them.

Lindsey said...

Joshy is soooo cute!!! I hope he continues to do so well with them!