Monday, December 18, 2006

TAMALE TIME!

When my sisters and I were little, my Grandma Rose would make the BEST tamales every Christmas. She would make hundreds of them. Well, my sister Julie, being the sentimental and motherly type that she is, and I decided that it's about time to keep the tradition alive in the Garcia family. Last year, we had our cousin Lisa, who seems to be the only one with the secret recipe, to come show us how it's done. This year, we were on our own! I think we did pretty good (Julie does most of the work, hehe). Together with the batch we did together, and Julie (always having to out-do me) did by herself, we made over 15 dozen tamales! Yum.




Here is Julie and Emily making the masa.








I'm glad I didn't get my hands in there. Haha. JK







And here are Joshua and Malena getting in on the act. Jacob tried, but couldn't stand getting his hands that messy and decided he would watch with Mommy.

No comments: