Monday, October 09, 2006

Little Mommy



Malena has just grown so much in the past few months. Both physically and cognitively. The other day I was washing dishes while the kids were playing in various parts of the house. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Malena throwing away something in the trash (a big cognitive accomplishment in itself for her). When I went to see what it was, it was a diaper. It was clean, but it was all bundled up like I do when I clean their dirty diapers. Then I followed her back to the ottomon (our changing table since they were born) to find her with her doll all layed out on a blanket. then she grabbed some wipes and began "cleaning" the doll, then grabbed a diaper and tried to put it on by pulling the legs up. No, she didn't accomplish the entire task, but this entire step by step task is an incredibly big milestone for her. Just a few months ago, she didn't seem to even understand what a diaper was for.

Tonight, she took her little bear upstairs with her for bed. Before bed is time for brushing teeth. she set her little bed next to the sink and began to put the brush up to his mouth. Just soooo sweet. This from the little girl who would throw her head back and throw her arms around at me just trying to attempt to put the toothbrush in her mouth a few months ago. She loves her little babies, and oh, do I love mine!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is just so sweet!!!
I just want to huge Malena she is so cute!!!

Wendi said...

Way to go Malena!!!!