Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today was Joshua's one year appointment with the Cardiologist at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, and the good news is, his VSD is completely closed! Yeah! He does still have a small "innocent" murmur from the pulmonary stenosis procedure. The doctor said the valves that didn't open all the way now do not close all the way, however, it is a very minimal issue and only needs to be checked every 2-3 years. So we won't need to go back for two years now! Yippee!

Funny thing happened. Joshua and Jacob were rough housing the day before and Joshua got a bloody nose. Real bad, but he was okay after ten minutes or so. Well, just as the cardiologist walks in and asks, "So how is he doing?" and I say, "He's doing great!" only to turn to Josh and see blood pouring out of his nose! I scream, "He's bleeding" and the doctor gets a nurse to bring a towel and we get him to lay down to stop it. It stops, and the doctor checks to make sure it's all okay, but I felt like a dummy saying he's great when he's sitting right next to me pouring blood from his nose. I guess Joshua got a kick out of us all rushing around trying to stop it, because afterward he says, "I bleeding. That punny, Mommy. " :)

Oh, and my little guy weighed in at 32.6 pounds and was 38 inches tall! He's still small, but he's gained quite a bit in the last year. :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am thrilled for Joshua, you must be so releived!!!
Sorry about his poor nose, funny that you were saying he was fine while he was bleeding though.