Sunday, June 18, 2006



My Little Rocky... Why does everything always happen to poor Josh? Today we gave the kids a unique little candy with some kind of nuts in it. I think they were pecans or pastaccio. Well, Josh was screaming at his naptime (not unusual), but this time I decided to go up and calm him down. I open the door and he's rubbing his eyes. When he stops, I notice his eyes are swelling up like he got hit in both eyes.

After calling the doctor, I gave him some benadryl and let him sleep. When he woke up from his nap, I noticed that not only had the swelling not gone down, but now he has red blotches all over! Off to the ER we go, while Jake and Malena get dropped off at Grandma and Papa's for swimming.

Turns out this could last for a couple of days, and the benadryl only helps to stop it from getting worse. Just to think what could have happened had I not gone up and let him cry it out, or if I had not gone up and it had constricted his airway! It was so scary, and so sad to see him. He was fine through all of it, though, only complaining once to say, "MY eyes huurt."


Here he is before and in his "Rocky" look (right).








1 comment:

Kim said...

Poor little guy!!! What a trooper, I hope he feels better REAL soon.
Kim TQ2003